Tuesday, February 16, 2010

McLaren Park

Zoinks! I just looked at the posting dates on my blog, and it appears that my most "recent" rambling was in April of last year... though, I must say, for good reason! Mr. Park and I now have a little Park, or rather, "McLaren" Park, who was born November 18, 2009. He's a lively little one, who has demanded much of my attention (and prior to that I started a new job in the same blasted and stale world of scholarly publishing, which has since evaporated due to the rigors of motherhood and their inability to accommodate a revised schedule, oy--I guess this means that I'm officially under-employed).

So, now that I've forgone work temporarily for the sweet-pea-of-a-man, I plan on posting as many meditations as are possible in the space of two-hour naps, when my hands are free for the typing. I promise that they won't all be about BMs, diapies, or burping, but instead about more fascinating subjects, including the close quarters of my "Tales of the City"-esque building, which are now extremely present in my life and keep getting more and more bizarre.

I don't venture much farther than a few blocks during the day, so my world view is much reduced, and yes, more and more mediocre. Totally and completely fitting.

And on that note, I must be off, like some soiled jammies.

1 comment:

thealanberman said...

You're existent once again!

This makes me happy. :)

So um, I've been failing fantastically to keep in touch. Sorry about that. Good to hear that McLaren is doing well though.